Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Drained

This last week has been... well Spiritually draining, I really don't know how else to describe it. Among various debates on and offline it seems a day this week hasn't gone by where I found myself having to stand up for what I believe in and why. And while in a way that's refreshing, it takes a toll on you as well. Stumbling around random internet sites I found a forum devoted to pratically militant athiests. Scanning over some of their threads, it's depressing how backwards some of these people have it. Calling God creul and uncaring for allowing bad things to happen. Calling him heartless for acts of violence in the Old Testament...

It really makes me sad how so many can take out of context, over anaylize to death and straight up ignore the teaching of God. It makes me mad that the United States don't seem so United these days. And it makes me sad that people very close to my heart are stuggling with things they don't even feel they can talk to me about (and that's about all I know about that one)

All of it has just left me feeling rather drained, physically and spiritually. How can one change the world and help to make it a better place when no matter what you say, no matter what do, someone is going to fight you tooth and nail? How can you help a friend when they felt they've done something so horrible they can't even tell you about it? So much pain sin and division is in this world it's really hard for it not to get to you sometimes I suppose. But this week I guess I just fill a little more battered around than usual.

One a brighter note, Thanksgiving is next week and I'm flying back home for a few days to see friends and Family I haven't seen in 4 months. As Liz said in a post I remember on her blog from a few months ago, I already feel kinda strange because I know that a part of me is going to miss being in Arizona with all the wonderful people there. Thus as glad as I'm going to be to be going home, I'm going to be glad to be coming back too... I guess Arizona is my home now too.

Next Month is Christmas and the end of another year... it's hard to believe how fast this one flew by and how much my life as actually changed this year. New home new job new friends new church new life. Maybe that's part of my drained feeling right now too. I've been here a little over 4 months now, that's a 3rd of a year!

Well, I guess that's really all that's going on with me at the moment... I'm going to try to do another comic soon, but as I'm currently torn between Final Fantasy 12 and Gears of War, and Zelda coming out next week, I doubt that'll happen anytime within the next few weeks...

Oh yea, and to all who read this... we need to bug Jordan about posting again... he hasn't had a new blog entry since I've been here... that simply won't do!

Love yall and see ya soon
-Ross-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home