Sunday, July 15, 2007

Ross' misadventures in Texas!

Sorry it's been so long since my last update guys... I feel really dumb but I actually forgot my password for a really long time so yea...

But hey I remembered it! ^.^()

I've been back in Texas for about a month now. And if there's one lesson I've learned from all of this it's that. No matter where you go, you're going to miss people... I'm so glad to be back in Texas, close to my friends and family, and only an hour and a half away from my "little brother" but I really really do miss all of you wonderful people in Arizona... I wish with all my heart there was some way to move Anthem a bit closer to Pearland...

So what have I been up to? Well.... I know God was with me in my job search if only for the fact that the first job I applied for I actually got... there's a hitch though, but I'll get to that in a second....

I'm going to be working at a factory job for a company called Pro-Fax that's only a few blocks away from home. The pay's going to be slightly less than what I was making at Net G, but it's income... and I can always look for something better while I'm working there. At least I'm going to have income.

Now about that hitch... When I went to take the physical that was required for the posistion the doctor found a hernia that needed to be fixed before he would clear me for the posistion... (how do I get a hernia? It's not like I lift heavy things all the time or anything)

So on July 3rd I went under the knife for the first time in my life...

Knockout drugs are good, but not being able to move for 3-4 days without HUGE amounts of pain really sucks. But alas, I can at least move around and stuff now, though the area around the scar is still a bit swollen, but the doctor says that will go down soon enough, and that I can actually get back to running and jumping and ninjaing about and all that other crap I do within a few weeks here. So it looks like August 6th or so will probally be the first day of my new job.

I finally got to go to Beaumont earlier this week and visit my "little brother"... I had forgotten just how much I missed that kid. It was great to see him and as always I hated it so much when I had to leave. But on the bright side, after you've lived 2000 miles away, a simple 100 mile hour and a half trip doesn't seem at all as long as it used to... so mark my words, I intend on spending a whole lot of time in Beaumont.

My best friend Ian has just landed hisself a nice job running a soundboard for some hotel or something like that... I'm not too sure of the details at this moment, but we're toying around with the Idea of splitting the rent for an apartment or something... all that's still in the planning phase, but I hope it works out... I'm almost 25 and I really haven't been "out on my own" yet... It's WAY past time.

And plus... just think of the sweet gaming parties. ^.^



Anyways.... That's more or less what I've been up to as of late...

To those of you in Arizona, I love you and miss you all!

Keep in touch, I'll talk to ya later!

-Ross-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home